Sunday, June 14, 2009

Medford

The last time I was in Medford it was in less than desirable conditions. The company was wonderful, but doing a 10 mile run that we had trained months for in pouring down rain and 48 degree weather was not so great. I left with not only a pile of sopping wet clothes, but a bad taste in my mouth for Medford in general.

This past year Cathy (one of my dear friends who was also with me for the run) moved there with her family. We finally organized a mini get together with our other friend Amy and all the kids. We needed a break and two out of the three hubby's are studying for the bar. We met in a central location which happened to be Cathy's house in Medford. Driving around I was amazed at how beautiful it was. The neighborhoods were clean and green and seemed to freshen that once bad taste I had.

Mostly we just hung out at Cathy's beautiful home and chatted while the kids played. We did venture out on two occasions and it was totally worth it-even with six kids between the three of us. One was to the Harry and David warehouse. I got to watch yummy chocolates be made and big giant vats of popcorn be mixed with buckets of almonds and pounds of butter. Somehow watching that process didn't make me feel so guilty about finishing a bag of moose munch on my own. Our next stop was at Sonic (without the kiddos) for some mozarella sticks and shakes--Yummy!!! Naturally, I forgot my camera on both occasions so what I've got to post is the same old same old--some pictures of the kids and an awkward picture of the three of us.

There's something unbeatable about food, friends, and relaxation.



Tegan and Emily (Amy's daughter)

The three musketeers (Ryan, Garrett, and Jessie)

No comments: